“But if we are living in the light, as God is in the light,
then we have fellowship with each other,
and the blood of Jesus, his Son, cleanses us from all sin.”
1 John 1:7
What does living in the light mean to me?
- I allow God’s Word to shine into and through me, without any filters.
- I allow him to burn away the darkness in me, pull me out of the shadows, and bring me into the light.
- I’m transparent. Since God purchased me, I have nothing to hide.
- I’m aware of how my life affects the people around me. Not only is God’s light shining in and through me, I’m living in a “lighted environment.”
- I live at the speed of light. I respond instantly to his revelation and direction. If I delay, I’m living in the shadows. If I run ahead, I’m living in my light, not his.
Farmers know plants need sunlight to grow. Doctors tell us sunlight is a great antidepressant. Our bodies need Vitamin D from the sunlight. How much joy and growth we experience when we live in God’s light!
Moses spent forty days on a mountain with God. When he came down, his face was shining. Spend time with God so you can grow strong and healthy. As you live in the light, you will shine through the darkness around you.