“So I exhort the elders among you…shepherd the flock of God
that is among you, exercising oversight, not under compulsion,
but willingly, as God would have you; not for shameful gain,
but eagerly; not domineering over those in your charge,
but being examples to the flock. 1 Peter 5:13
Leaders make or break their teams. The power given to a leader can destroy people if it’s not handled as a sacred trust. Excellent leaders are remembered for many years.
- Serve their team.
- Be examples of walking blamelessly and uprightly.
- Lead with humility, and not rule as tyrants.
- Recognize that leadership is a gift and a privilege. “To whom much is given, much is required.” Luke 12:48
- Be passionate and excited about helping others.
- Be willing to do hard things.
- Blaze the trail.
Lord, help us leaders to not take advantage of others, to not seek personal gain, and to not feed our egos and insecurities. Teach us to listen to others’ needs so we can help them reach their potential.